My name is Ben Heald and I’m the chair of Bristol Pound. I’m writing to you on the 7th anniversary of the launch of the currency in September 2012.
The last year has been particularly busy since the appointment of Diana Finch as Bristol Pound’s new MD in July 2018. We launched our Community & Business Champions programmes in October, upgraded the new Bristol Pound app in March and the team was accepted on to the SETsquared accelerator programme at Engine Shed in April. This led us up to an exciting summer with the launching of a range of new services to members and a rebrand. There’s lots more coming this autumn, with a variety of outreach activities, new partnerships and technical projects underway, as well as a crowdfunding campaign.
We do need your help though. The biggest difference you could make would be to bring Bristol Pound a little more into your daily routine. Here are 7 things you could do to be a great help:
1) Set up a standing order into your Bristol Pound account to encourage yourself to keep seeking out local businesses.
2) If you live in Bristol itself, pay your council tax or business rates in Bristol Pound.
3) If you’re a business member, you could consider taking up one of our new promotional packages. For example, for £30 we’ll promote your business to Bristol Pound members and followers.
4) Download the Bristol Pound app and use it to find somewhere new for lunch or a coffee.
5) Volunteer with us by becoming one of our local Community Champions, helping to spread the word about Bristol Pound in your local area of Bristol.
6) TipBomb! Leave tips in Bristol Pounds at your favourite cafés, restaurants and bars.
7) Come along to our 7th birthday event at Triodos Foundation next Wednesday and meet other Bristol Pound members.