Data Protection Pledge
Our Data Protection Pledge
We are committed to improving the ease of use of the Bristol Pound and want to make the services you receive as good as they can be. To do this, we need to collect and use information about individuals and businesses we provide services for, and other organisations we have contact with.
We will use the information we have about you to contact you about the Bristol Pound and services related to its delivery. This may be by phone, post, email or text message. You will always have the option to opt out of non-essential communications.
We may also use the information to prepare statistics and for research. If the research is by external organisations such as an academic institution your data will be anonymised.
Our pledge to you:
- We will process your personal data (information) according to the Data Protection Act 1998 and other relevant legislation
- We will not share your personal data for commercial purposes - for example, we will not sell your data to third parties
- We will not pass on your personal details to any third party unless legally obliged to do so.
- We will respect your right to opt out of receiving information marketing products or services
- We will not keep your personal data for longer than necessary
- We will keep your personal data secure
- We will respect your right to find out what information we have about you
What we ask of you:
- Please give us accurate information
- Tell us as soon as possible about any changes to your personal information
- Tell us if you notice mistakes or inaccuracies in the information we have about you, as this helps us keep our information reliable and up-to-date
To obtain details of the information we have about you, you can contact email@example.com and we will be able to provide this for a small fee.
You can opt out of e-communications at the bottom of each newsletter or from other marketing and non-essential information communications by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about data protection, visit the Information Commissioner's website.