Why are we asking these questions?
The Bristol Credit Union, who provide our account services, have restrictions on who can open an account. You must meet one or more of certain criteria to be able to open an account:
- You need to either:
- Live in the Bristol region, as defined as the area covered by the former county of Avon.
- Work in the Bristol region i.e. have an employer with a postcode in the area as defined above.
- Study at certain institutions in the Bristol region i.e. one of the following: University of Bath, Bath College, Bath Spa University, University of Bristol, City of Bristol College, South Gloucestershire and Stroud College, University of the West of England, Weston College.
- Be a member of UNISON or Unite in the Southwest of England
- Be a tenant of certain housing associations i.e. one of the following: Arcadia Housing Group, Curo Group, Elim Housing, The Guinness Partnership, Merlin Housing Society, Places for People Group, Solon South West Housing Association, Sovereign Housing Association, United Housing Association.
If you do not meet any of these criteria, unfortunately you will not be able to use digital Bristol Pounds, however there are absolutely no restrictions on who can use our beautiful paper Bristol Pound cash. Visit our shop to buy online or take a look at our cashpoint map to see where you can go to pick some up.
For further app FAQs, visit this page