An independent business network
How does Bristol Pound benefit Bristol?
Bristol Pound keeps our money circulating locally, from customer to business and from business to business. This is great for our city as it minimises the money that leaks out to credit card companies, outside suppliers, and big banks. Wealth is maintained in our city, building and enriching our local economy.
"It’s been good for our business in many ways. We benefit from a committed set of locals who like to spend often in £B. These are customers we’ve gained initially because we accept £B, who have then become regular, usually visiting weekly using text to pay or now the app. We’ve also had a lot of great cross promotion from the £B team on social media and in the directory."
John Drysdale @ Little Victories
Bristol Pound amplifies your brand by listing your business on the Bristol Pound app, website, in paper maps and directory. By working to market your brand to over 1500 individual account holders, it brings loyal and new customers to your business, clutching the beautiful paper notes and using the app, because they want to spend in line with their values.
- Feature in our app, online directory and printed directory
- All new members are promoted to our 25k + social media following in a series of posts
- Utilise our social media following to full effect with our Digital Marketing Package. Visit the Premium Services page for more details
Joining Bristol Pound is not just about using a local currency. You'll join a trusted network of businesses that share your values. Make the most of this network and reap the benefits.
- Discover new partners, suppliers and trusted collaborators via our vibrant community of business members.
- Gain access to our regular networking events including our bi-monthly Business Breakfasts and various evening events and workshops. To learn more about our Networking Package, visit our Premium Services page
- Understand who your VIP customers are - identify the people who really care about the sustainability of local independent businesses.
"Since joining Bristol Pound I have taken part in two of their fantastic events. At these events, I found a wonderful community where entrepreneurs are truly supportive towards each other. At some networking events people are often looking for how to use you, here people have been looking for ways to help each other. I came away from both events with new connections and new job offers. More importantly I came away with a feeling of belonging and loads of inspiration. Thank you Bristol Pound."
Bristol Pound businesses work together to give each other the best deals possible. Bristol Pound business members receive the following discounts:
Better Business Bristol - 10% off membership when paid for in £B
- Better Business is an initiative to help businesses thrive whilst creating a positive impact on Bristol and the people who live here.
- Better Business can help by amplifying businesses’ voices, encouraging collaboration and finding ways that as a community we help solve some of the city’s problems.
- Read our blog on why we're a part of Better Business Bristol
Destination Bristol - 10% off membership when paid for in £B
- Feature on the popular VisitBristol.co.uk website which attracts in excess of 3million visitors per year
- Gain marketing opportunities through their social media (150k followers), blogs and campaigns
- Advertise your events and special offers through their website and social media
FSB - no joining fee for Bristol Pound businesses
- Federation of Small Businesses is a leading business community, their mission is to help smaller businesses achieve their ambitions
- Experts in business, they offer members a wide range of business services including advice, financial expertise, support and a powerful voice in government
- Bristol Pound businesses save £30. Contact us for a discount code
Do you have a discount for Bristol Pound business members? Let us know: [email protected]
- Free Point of Sale material to let your customers know you accept Bristol Pounds
- Online banking facilities with innovative payment systems
- Video training materials for staff
- Personal support on how to use the payment system and spend on Bristol Pounds
"The accounting side of the process is simple, and I can pay suppliers easily with just a couple of clicks. I love the concept of keeping money circulating in the city by local people and businesses trading together."
Emily Sinclair @ Craftisan Shop
Where can I spend?
Over 800 businesses in and around the city accept Bristol Pounds, including cleaning, logistics, marketing, and printing companies, so there are sure to be options for spending your income. Bristol City Council also accept Bristol Pounds as payment for Business Rates, Market Rents and Council Tax, so you may have the option to spend on here.
How much does it cost?
The standard transaction fee is 1% of the amount transferred, with a cap at £B1, on all app and text to pay transactions. Similarly, online transactions have a fee of 1%, capped at £B1. There are no fees for banking cash (like with Sterling). Unlike the fees you pay with Worldpay and others that give you nothing in return; Bristol Pound fees help support the local economy and help you to market your business.